Sunday, October 7, 2007

Back on the Train (Days 5, 6 & 7)


We said our goodbyes to Ron and Lauri around 4 p.m. Oct. 5th and headed for California. This was the longest leg of our train trip and probably the most scenic (though its a toss-up with the scenery in Colorado. We traveled through Utah (which was mostly desert and plains), Nevada, and the High Sierras, which were covered with recent snowfall. We also saw Donner's Pass. We've learned just how hard it is to take good pictures through a train window. I will have to look thru our photos and see which ones would be worth posting. Keeping up with this blog is proving to be a challenge as we don't always have Internet access every place we stop. I am writing this from a hotel in Oakland, California which does have wireless. So be patient and keep checking back here for more. You never know what you may find! We leave here later this morning and head to Bret's cousin's home in Groveland, CA. Mr. Plum is plum wore out!

4 comments:

marble said...

glad to see more postings! Hope you'll enjoy hearing back from me - and others. . . . [others. . . . where are you?!] I 'subscribed' to your "feed" so when I check my subscriptions, I know right away when you've updated your blog. Fun, eh?

All's well here; it's HOT. Mostly. Still no rain. The leaves fall like rain. . . . yellow. The red ones to come later, I imagine.

I trust you're enjoying your days en-trained. . . . it sounds like such a lovely trip! Keep up the postings, and start sketching (if you haven't already), won't you? Some of the details, maybe, of your train compartment that wouldn't translate on film.

Miss you.
S.

lori said...

Dear Sheryl:
Russell,Dave, your Mom and me (Lori) are at my house looking at your pics. What a great idea to have a blog. We feel like we are with you. Russell says "cute photos." Your Mom misses you. Dave likes the town named Parachute. Hope you have a great time! Bye, Lori, Dave, Russell, and Mom

Sheryl Paris said...

Hi back! It's so fun to read your comments and see who's checking in. I will probably post more stuff later this afternoon. We are heading into part of Yosemite today. Can't wait to see it. More later. Love, Sheryl

Denise said...

You and Mr. Plum look so peaceful and you said you couldn't sleep between all the whistles...

Denise