Wednesday, October 8, 2008

New Orleans

Jackson Square at night - good shot, Bret!

Trying to touch the Spanish Moss! It was wiry, not soft like I thought.

Some wildlife in Audubon Park.
(You knew there had to be an animal in here somewhere!)

I didn't think I'd get back to this so late! We're already home. We didn't have a lot of time to find the Internet at the Navy Lodge where we stayed. We did the usual touristy things: a tour of the city by bus; a long ride on the streetcar; a walk through the French Quarter on Bourbon St. (I got a short-lived shock to my naive little self!) And we ate some beignet's at Cafe DuMonde on Jackson Square. We attended Bret's 25th college reunion at Tulane one evening. I brought home an unwanted souvenir - I got a sore throat and cough while there. I think my sinuses were overwhelmed by the various active pollens in the air. I guess Spanish Moss and live oaks are not healthy for me! But I enjoyed visiting there.

No comments: